AFFILIATE PROGRAM TERMS & CONDITIONS
BY SUBMITTING THE ONLINE APPLICATION YOU AGREE TO BE LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR EACH AND EVERY TERM AND CONDITION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
This Affiliate Agreement (this "Agreement") is made by and between you and Photomanhattan, Inc. (together with any other entities that it controls, is controlled by or is under common control with, "Photomanhattan") and contains the complete terms and conditions that apply to your participation in the Photomanhattan Affiliate Program (the "Program"). Throughout this Agreement, "we," "us," and "our" refer to Photomanhattan, and "you," "your," and "yours" refer to the person or entity applying to be included in the Program hereunder. The purpose of this Agreement is to allow HTML linking between your web site and the Photomanhattan web site.
1- FOR NON-CASH IN PROGRAMS ONLY ("Partner Affiliate Exchange Program)
Other ways of advertising, such as social media and emailing may be authorized by request. If interested in additional ways of advertising please follow this steps: a) Read the full terms and conditions associated with all related advertising and other legalities. As per the full terms and conditions here. b) Request authorization to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using our friend referral form online, and / or
- By placing only the links and exact quotes as provided by PhotoManhattan. (on your affiliate user account page) on your website.
Credit & Redemption
- Referred client must be new to PhotoManhattan in order for you to qualify for credit. (credit will not apply to existing students)
- Referrals must make a purchase within 90 days from the time of referral. Purchases done after this time frame will not accrue credit for you.
- Returned or cancelled orders within 90 days of purchase will be deducted from your future credit immediately. Please note that there is a 24 hour no questions asked cancellation period for all clients.
- You must accrue a minimum credit of $100 to start redeeming. Can redeem. Our average course sale is of $270
- Credit must be redeemed and confirmed within a period of 1 - 4 months from the time of sale. The credit will be lost if not redeemed at the above time frames, no exceptions.
- All of the services redeemed in the exchange program are limited to current availability and hours operation and are bound by the terms and conditions specified under each of the services. PhotoManhattan is not responsible for allocating specific studio hours or classes that are not available on the website or otherwise. We highly recommend that you view our online studio rental and class availability. Credit is not applicable to private classes or Darkroom rentals.
- View full terms and conditions here.
For any questions please contact: email@example.com
2- FOR ALL AFFILIATE PROGRAMS
DETERMINATION OF FEES
Currently, the Program is a PPS (pay-per-sale) affiliate program, but Photomanhattan reserves the right to change the Program at any time, in its sole discretion. Payouts may differ based on products sold or sales thresholds achieved. You may review more detailed information regarding payouts and related policies and procedures through the Account Manager. Photomanhattan reserves the right to terminate this Agreement and your participation in the Program immediately and without notice to you upon any suspicion of fraud, abuse or other unacceptable activity or behavior in connection with the Program, as determined by Photomanhattan in its sole discretion. Photomanhattan shall not be liable to you for any fees associated with suspicious activity.
LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
Upon acceptance into the Program, links will be made available to you through the affiliate interface. Your acceptance in our program means you agree to and abide by the following. a)
You will only use linking code obtained from the affiliate interface without manipulation. b) All domains that use your affiliate link must be listed in your affiliate profile. c) Your Website will not in any way copy, resemble, or mirror the look and feel of our Website. You will also not use any means to create the impression that your Website is our Website or any part of our Website including, without limitation, framing of our Website in any manner. d) You may not engage in cookie stuffing or include pop-ups, false or misleading links on your website. In addition, wherever possible, you will not attempt to mask the referring url information (i.e. the page from where the click is originating). e) Using redirects to bounce a click off of a domain from which the click did not originate in order to give the appearance that it came from that domain is prohibited.
If you are found redirecting links to hide or manipulate their original source, your current and past commissions will be voided or your commission level will be set to 0%. This does not include using “out” redirects from the same domain where the affiliate link is placed.
Promotion on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms is permitted following these general guidelines: You ARE allowed to promote offers to your own lists; more specifically, you’re welcome to use your affiliate links on your own Facebook, Twitter, etc. pages.
- You ARE PROHIBITED from posting your affiliate links on Photomanhattan’s Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. company pages in an attempt to turn those links into affiliate sales.
- You ARE PROHIBITED from running Facebook ads with Photomanhattan’s trademarked company name.
- You ARE PROHIBITED from creating a social media account that includes Photomanhattan’s trademark in the page name and/or username.
This affiliate program adheres to a closed paid search policy. You will not bid on keywords (whether separately or in combination with other keywords) related to any Photomanhattan product or service, or any name, mark or other identifier used to describe any Photomanhattan product or service, or any misspellings or similar alterations thereof, in pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns. We reserve the right to terminate your participation in the Program immediately, without prior notice to you even on the first occurrence of such PPC bidding behavior. You are also forbidden from using trademarks of other parties in your Photomanhattan's campaigns.
COUPON ATTRIBUTION & AUTHENTICATION
Affiliates whose primary business is posting coupons, who are viewed by the program as being a coupon site, and/or who are tagged as coupon in our system, may not be paid commissions for sales generated without a corresponding valid coupon code. Valid codes are defined as codes that are made available to Photomanhattan affiliate program. Coupon codes that are not real, expired, not specific (i.e up to 40% off sale items) or are long-term sitewide offers that do not require a code may not considered valid codes and the affiliate will not be given commission on these orders.
Promoting us through a sub-affiliate network is permitted, however you must be completely transparent with regards to where traffic from your sub-affiliates originated. Sub-affiliate networks must ensure that all sub-affiliates promoting the Program adhere to our program terms and conditions. This includes restrictions on advertising through toolbars, browser extensions, and through any paid placements such as a pay-per-click campaigns. Sub-affiliate networks must also receive approval prior to allowing any type of coupon sub-affiliate to promote the Program.
Failure to comply with our sub-affiliate network terms may result in a loss and/or reduction of commission from sales made through any sub-affiliate that does not comply with our program terms.
REVERSAL & COMMUNICATION POLICY
We take pride in its very low reversal rate. However, we reserve the right to reverse orders due to disputed charges, order cancellations, returns, duplicate tracking, and program violations as outlined in these terms and conditions.
Additionally, if we ask you for clarification or more information on any orders or clicks that we suspect may be in violation of our terms and conditions, we expect that you will respond in a timely and honest manner. Below are violations of our communications policy.
- You are not forthcoming, intentionally vague or are found to be lying.
- You are not responsive within a reasonable time period and after multiple attempts to contact with information listed in your network profile.
- You cannot substantiate or validate the source of your traffic to our program with clear and demonstrable proof.
If any of the above apply, then we reserve the absolute right to reverse orders, set your commission to 0% or suspend you from the program for the period or orders in question. We know that many violations are a result of automated processes; however it is incumbent upon each affiliate to ensure that it has the appropriate checks and balances in place to pro-actively address these issues and adhere to our program rules.
TERM OF THE AGREEMENT/TERMINATION
The term of this Agreement will begin upon acceptance of your application by Photomanhattan and will end immediately when terminated by either party. Either party may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without cause, by giving the other party written notice of termination. In addition, this Agreement will terminate automatically upon any breach of this Agreement by you.
Upon termination, all rights and licenses granted to you hereunder will immediately cease and you must immediately remove all Links and cease using all Marketing Materials, confidential information and any other information or materials belonging to Photomanhattan or in any way regarding Photomanhattan or the Photomanhattan Services and Photomanhattan may take all actions necessary to disable your participation in the Program. Provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination or expiration of this Agreement in order to be given full effect, including, but not limited to, the provisions of Sections 12 through 24, will survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement in accordance with their terms.
MODIFICATION BY Photomanhattan
Photomanhattan reserves the right to modify any terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time. You may be notified by e-mail or a change notice may be posted in a manner accessible through the Account Manager. Modifications may include, but are not limited to, changes of the scope of available fees, fee schedules and payment procedures. If any modification is unacceptable to you, your only recourse and sole remedy is to terminate this Agreement. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY CHANGE, THIS AGREEMENT WILL AUTOMATICALLY TERMINATE AND YOU WILL NO LONGER BE AUTHORIZED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM. Your continued participation in the Program following notice of a change will constitute your binding acceptance of the change.
LICENSE OF TRADEMARKS AND OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Use of any of our trademarked terms as part of the domain or sub-domain for your website is strictly prohibited, including but not limited to: photomanhattan.com, photomanhattan.net, photomanhattan, Photomanhattan, Inc.
Photomanhattan grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable right, during the term of this Agreement, to (i) access the Photomanhattan site through the Links solely in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and (ii) display the Photomanhattan logos, trade names, marks, and similar identifying material (the "Photomanhattan Marks") solely in the form that we provide to you or authorize you to use in connection with such Links and only as permitted herein. Photomanhattan may revoke your license at any time by giving you written notice. Unless revoked sooner by Photomanhattan, this license terminates upon the effective date of the expiration or termination of this Agreement.
You acknowledge and agree that: (a) you will use the Photomanhattan Marks in a lawful manner and only as permitted hereunder; (b) you will use the Photomanhattan Marks in strict compliance with Schedule 2 and all formats, guidelines, standards and other requirements prescribed by Photomanhattan; (c) the Photomanhattan Marks are and shall remain the sole property of Photomanhattan (or its licensors); (d) nothing in this Agreement confers in you any right of ownership in the Marks and all use thereof by you inures to the benefit of Photomanhattan (or its licensors); and (e) you will not, now or in the future, dispute, contest or do anything to impair the validity of any Photomanhattan Marks or use any mark or logo confusingly similar to any Photomanhattan Marks. You may not alter, modify, or change the Photomanhattan Marks in any way. You are only entitled to use the Photomanhattan Marks to the extent that you are authorized to participate in the Program hereunder. You agree not to use the Photomanhattan Marks in any manner that is misleading or disparaging or that otherwise portrays Photomanhattan or its affiliates in a negative light. You are not authorized to make any use of any Photomanhattan Marks for any purpose other than as expressly provided hereunder without first submitting a sample to Photomanhattan and obtaining Photomanhattan's prior written consent.
As between Photomanhattan and you, the Photomanhattan Marks, Marketing Materials, all demographic and other user information relating to Program, and all software, documentation, hardware, equipment, devices, templates, tools, documents, processes, methodologies, know-how, websites, and any additional intellectual or other property used by or on behalf of Photomanhattan or otherwise related to Photomanhattan, together with all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets and any other proprietary rights inherent therein and appurtenant thereto (collectively, "Photomanhattan Property") shall be and remain the sole and exclusive property of Photomanhattan. To the extent, if any, that ownership of any Photomanhattan Property does not automatically vest in Photomanhattan by virtue of this Agreement, or otherwise, you hereby transfer and assign to Photomanhattan, effective automatically upon the creation thereof, any and all rights, title and interest you may have in and to such Photomanhattan Property, including the right to sue and recover for past, present and future violations thereof.
Photomanhattan MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ITS OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER OR ANY ASPECT OF THE PROGRAM OR ANY Photomanhattan PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, AND Photomanhattan EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, COURSE OF DEALING OR TRADE USAGE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE PROGRAM AND THE Photomanhattan PRODUCTS AND SERVICES MAY NOT SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OR YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY. IN ADDITION, Photomanhattan MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT ANY ASPECT OF THE ANY ASPECT OF THE PROGRAM OR THE PROVISION OF ANY Photomanhattan PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE AND Photomanhattan WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT Photomanhattan DOES NOT PROVIDES ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE AS TO THE ACTUAL AMOUNT OF REVENUES OR ANY OTHER RESULTS THAT WILL BE GENERATED, ACHIEVED OR PAID PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM OR ANY Photomanhattan PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
You hereby represent and warrant to us as follows:
You will use the Links only as authorized hereunder. You are duly authorized to enter into this Agreement and perform all obligations hereunder. This Agreement has been duly and validly executed and delivered by your electronic submission and constitutes legal, valid, and binding obligation, enforceable against you in accordance with its terms.
The execution, delivery, and your performance of this Agreement, and your consummation of the transactions contemplated hereby will not, with or without notice, lapse of time, or both, conflict or violate any provision of law, rule, or regulation to which you are subject or any provision of any corporate or other organizational documents applicable to you; or any agreement or other instrument applicable to you or binding upon your assets or properties.
You have the sufficient right and power to grant Photomanhattan the license to use the Affiliate Marks in the manner contemplated herein, and such grant does not and will not breach, conflict with, or constitute a default under any agreement or other instrument applicable to you or binding upon your assets or properties; or infringe upon any trademark, trade name, service mark, copyright, or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
No consent, approval, or authorization of, exemption by, or filing with any governmental authority or third party is required in connection with the execution, delivery, and performance of this Agreement or any other action taken by you.
To the best of your knowledge, there is no pending or threatened claim, action, or proceeding against you, or any affiliate of yours with respect to the execution, delivery, or consummation of this Agreement, or the Authorized Affiliate Marks. To the best of your knowledge, there is no basis for any such claim, action, or proceeding.
You are an adult of at least 18 years of age.
You shall ensure that all information provided to you by Photomanhattan (including, without limitation, the terms of this Agreement, business and financial information, source code, object code, any other software programs, product designs, know-how, techniques, processes, algorithms, customer and vendor information, information concerning research or development and pricing and sales information concerning Photomanhattan and any information of a third party who may disclose such information to Photomanhattan or you in the course of Photomanhattan's business) remains strictly confidential and secret. You shall take all reasonable steps, at least substantially equivalent to the steps you take to protect your own proprietary information, to prevent the unauthorized duplication, disclosure or use of any such information provided to you by Photomanhattan. You shall not to use such information, directly or indirectly, for your own business purposes or for any other purpose except and solely to the extent that any such information is generally known to the public and may be rightfully obtained through a source other than Photomanhattan or its affiliated entities without breach of any confidentiality obligations to Photomanhattan.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you are hereby authorized to deliver a copy of any such information to your accountants or attorneys on a confidential basis, and as required pursuant to a subpoena issued by any court or administrative agency or otherwise required by applicable law, rule, regulation, or legal process. In the event that a court (or other authority with power to do so) orders you to disclose any confidential information, you agree to give Photomanhattan immediate notice of such order.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Photomanhattan SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO ITS OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER, THE Photomanhattan SERVICES OR OTHERWISE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUE, PROFITS, OR DATA) EVEN IF Photomanhattan HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ANY EVENT, Photomanhattan'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ANY REASON UNDER THIS AGREEMENT OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE PROGRAM WILL NOT EXCEED THE COMMISSION FEES PAYABLE TO YOU DURING THE LAST FULL CALENDAR MONTH IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION IN THE AGGREGATE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, MISREPRESENTATIONS, AND OTHER TORTS.
You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Photomanhattan and its licensors, licensees and contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, owners and affiliates and their respective heirs, administrators, executors, successors and assigns, from and against any and all claims, causes of action, demands, obligations, lawsuits, liabilities, damages, fines, penalties, judgments, settlements, costs, expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and disbursements) or other losses of any kind or nature whatsoever (any and all of the foregoing hereinafter referred to as "losses") insofar as such losses arise out of or are based on: (i) any claim that any use of any intellectual property or other material you provide infringes on any trademark, trade name, service mark, copyright, license, intellectual property, or other proprietary right of any third party; (ii) any inaccuracy, failure or breach of any representation, warranty, covenant, obligation or agreement made by you herein or to any third party; (iii) any misuse of any of the Links, Marketing Materials or the Photomanhattan Marks; (iv) any claim related to your web site, including, without limitation, any content therein not provided by Photomanhattan; or (v) any negligence or misconduct on the part of you or any of your employees, agents, contractors or affiliates. You shall promptly inform Photomanhattan of any information known to you related to any matters that could reasonably lead to a claim, demand or liability of or against Photomanhattan by any third party.
This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas and applicable federal laws of the United States of America, without regard to any choice or conflict or law principles that would result in the application of the law of any other jurisdiction. Jurisdiction and venue for all disputes hereunder is limited to the state and federal courts located within Travis County, Texas and the parties hereby irrevocably consent to and waive any objections with respect to such jurisdiction and venue. Photomanhattan's performance pursuant to this Agreement is limited to the State of Texas and any obligations hereunder are deemed to be performed by it shall be exclusively within the State of Texas.
Photomanhattan may sell, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of any or all of its rights or obligations under this Agreement, in whole or in part, at any time and from time to time without notice to or the consent of you. You may not sell, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of any or all of your rights or obligations under this Agreement, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of Photomanhattan. Subject to that restriction, this Agreement is binding upon, and inures to the benefit of, the parties and their respective permitted successors and assigns. The failure of either party to insist upon or enforce strict performance by the other Party of any provision of this Agreement or to exercise any of its rights under this Agreement for a breach thereof shall not be deemed to be a waiver or relinquishment of such party's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance or breach; rather, the same shall be and remain in full force and effect. Each waiver must be set forth in a written instrument signed by the waiving party.
If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable under any statute, regulation, ordinance, order or other rule of law, that term or provision may be modified or deleted, but only to the extent necessary to achieve the intent of the parties and comply with the statute, regulation, ordinance, order or rule, and the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. The headings and titles contained in this Agreement are included for convenience only, and shall not limit or otherwise affect the terms of this Agreement. Unless otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement, the rights and remedies available to the parties hereunder are cumulative and in addition to all other rights and remedies available to the parties under applicable law or at equity.
ATTORNEYS' FEES AND EXPENSES
If either party brings any action against the other party regarding the subject matter hereof, the prevailing party is entitled to recover, in addition to any other relief granted, reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses actually incurred by reason of such action.
PROMOTION OF THE PROGRAM
As part of the Program, you may obtain access to an affiliate account interface ("Account Manager") handled by either PhotoManhattan or a third-party affiliate network provider assigned by PhotoManhattan. Unless already registered with our assigned third-party affiliate network provider, you must create login and password to use the Account Manager. You will be able to change your password in accordance with the Account Manager provider's policies and procedures. Through the Account Manager you may review additional details about the Program and currently active campaigns, download HTML code for certain graphic and textual links (each, a "Link") that identify your web site using identification codes, cookies or other tracking protocols and establish a hyperlink between your site and ours that directs traffic to landing pages within the Photomanhattan web site. In order for us to accurately keep track of all traffic from your site to ours, you must use the HTML code that we provide. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you may display the Links provided by Photomanhattan to you on your web site as part of the Program. Photomanhattan reserves the right, at any time, to review your placement and use of Links and to require changes to comply with various policies and guidelines provided to you by Photomanhattan from time to time.
From time to time, Photomanhattan, in its sole discretion, also may make available various marketing or promotional materials relating to Photomanhattan ("Marketing Materials") as part of the Program. All Marketing Materials will be solely provided by Photomanhattan alone except where agreed to by Photomanhattan in writing in advance. The Marketing Materials are provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis, WITH ALL FAULTS and WITHOUT WARRANTY of any kind and nothing contained in any Marketing Materials shall in any way be deemed a representation or warranty of Photomanhattan. The Marketing Materials shall at all times be the sole and exclusive property of Photomanhattan and no rights of ownership shall at any time vest with you even in such instances where you have been authorized by Photomanhattan to make changes or modifications to the Marketing Materials.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF Photomanhattan
- Photomanhattan or the third-party affiliate network provider assigned by PhotoManhattan, as applicable, will provide the Links.
- Photomanhattan or the third-party affiliate network provider assigned by PhotoManhattan, as applicable, will be solely responsible for tracking the volume and amount of sales placed on the Photomanhattan site that are generated by your web site, and for providing information to you regarding sales statistics.
- Photomanhattan will be solely responsible for all aspects of processing orders and fulfillment of orders placed on the Photomanhattan site by a customer following a Link from your web site, including, but not limited to order entry, payment processing, and related customer services. Photomanhattan reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject orders.
- You will use your best efforts to promote and market the Photomanhattan Services, and to identify prospective Leads.
- You will cooperate fully with Photomanhattan in order to establish and maintain any Links placed on your web site. In order to permit accurate tracking and reporting, you will be solely responsible for ensuring that Links from your web site to the Photomanhattan site are properly formatted.
- You will cooperate fully with Photomanhattan in order to avoid placing the Links in close proximity to the links of, or any other reference to, another entity that is a direct competitor of Photomanhattan.
- You will ensure that your use of the Links in no way affect or alter the look, feel, or functionality of the Photomanhattan site.
- You will immediately remove the Links at the request of Photomanhattan.
- You will display the Marketing Materials solely for the purpose of marketing and promoting the Photomanhattan Services. You will not alter, amend, adapt or translate the Marketing Materials without Photomanhattan's prior written consent. You will cease displaying the Marketing Materials immediately upon request by Photomanhattan.
- In no event will you engage in any marketing or promotional activity related to Photomanhattan in any unauthorized area, location, territory or jurisdiction, as defined by Photomanhattan in its sole discretion from time to time.
- You are free to promote your own web sites, but naturally any promotion that mentions Photomanhattan could be perceived by the public or the press as a joint effort. Accordingly, unless such promotion is specifically authorized as part of the Program, You will not engage in any promotion that mentions Photomanhattan without Photomanhattan's prior written consent. You should know that certain forms of advertising and solicitation are generally prohibited. For example, advertising commonly referred to as "spamming" is unacceptable to us and could cause damage to our name. Other generally prohibited forms of advertising include the use of unsolicited commercial email (UCE), postings to non-commercial newsgroups and cross-posting to multiple newsgroups at once. In addition, you may not advertise or solicit in any way that conceals or misrepresents your identity, your domain name, or your return email address. In the event that you have a list of addresses where the individuals on the list already a customer or subscriber of your services or web site and have expressly elected to receive commercial messages from you, you may use mailings to customers to promote Photomanhattan so long as you comply with applicable laws and include a prominent "unsubscribe" option that allows recipients to remove themselves from future mailings. Also, you may post to newsgroups to promote Photomanhattan so long as you comply with applicable laws and the news group specifically welcomes commercial messages. At all times, you must comply with all applicable laws and must clearly represent yourself and your web sites as independent from Photomanhattan and its clients. If it comes to our attention that you are spamming or violating any applicable laws, we will consider that cause for immediate termination of this Agreement and your participation in the Program. Any pending balances owed to you will not be paid if your account is terminated due to such unacceptable advertising or solicitation.
- You will not (a) engage in any fax, broadcast or telemarketing and any other offline marketing methods with respect to Photomanhattan or the Program, (b) use any "malware," "spyware," "parasiteware," "interstitials," "shopping assistants," "toolbars," "add-ons," "wallets," "pop-ups," "pop-unders," or any form of deceptive marketing material, technique or parasitic application, but not limited to, (i) causing any commission tracking cookies to be set or overwritten through any other means than a customer initiated click on a qualifying link on a web page or email; (ii) intercepting queries or search results to redirect traffic in a manner other than as if a user had arrived at the same destination under normal circumstances; (iii) setting or overwriting any commission tracking cookies by means of any inline frames, hidden links, automatic pop-ups or pop-unders or similar technique or practices; (iv) targeting text or other content for the purpose of contextual marketing on web sites, other than those web sites 100% owned by the application owner; or (v) removing, replacing or blocking the visibility of affiliate banners with any other banners, other than those that are on web sites 100% owned by the owner of the application, (c) make or distribute content by others that makes any false, misleading or disparaging representations or statements with respect to Photomanhattan or any products or services of Photomanhattan or (d) engage in any other practices which may affect adversely the credibility or reputation of Photomanhattan, including but not limited to, using any web site in any manner, or having any content on any web site, that (i) promotes sexually explicit materials, violence, discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age and/or any illegal activities or (ii) violates any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any third party.
- You will conduct all activities hereunder in accordance with the highest industry standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and directives.
- You will allow Photomanhattan to monitor your web site at any time to determine if you are in compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- You will bear all costs and expenses for your activities in connection with the Program unless otherwise determined by Photomanhattan, in its sole discretion.
PAYMENT OF FEES
All payments for the Program are handled by PhotoManhattan or the third-party affiliate network provider assigned by PhotoManhattan. Please review their respective policies and procedures. As required by U.S. law, U.S. residents will be required to sign a W-9 form for the Internal Revenue Service prior to being sent any payments.
CUSTOMER POLICIES AND PRICING
Customers purchasing products and services as part of the Program will be deemed customers of Photomanhattan. All rules, policies, terms, conditions and operating procedures concerning customer orders, customer service, and Photomanhattan sales will apply to these customers. Photomanhattan may change its policies and operating procedures, including pricing, at any time. Photomanhattan will determine, in its sole discretion, the prices to be charged for products and services sold by Photomanhattan in accordance with our own pricing policies. You shall not include price information on your web site unless pricing information is made available on Links provided by Photomanhattan. Prices and availability of products and services sold via the Photomanhattan site may vary from time to time. Photomanhattan uses commercially reasonable efforts to present accurate information, but we do not guarantee the availability or price of any particular product or service.
OBLIGATIONS REGARDING YOUR WEB SITE
You will be solely responsible for the development, operation, and maintenance of your web site and for all materials that appear on your web site. Such responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the technical operation of your web site and all related equipment; the accuracy and propriety of materials posted on your web site (including but not limited to, Photomanhattan related materials); ensuring that your web site and all materials posted on your web site do not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property or other rights of any third party and are not libelous or otherwise illegal. We reserve the right, but undertake no obligation, to monitor your site at any time to determine if you are following the terms and conditions of this Agreement or to make sure that your links to our web site are appropriate. We may notify you of any changes to your site that we feel should be made. If you do not make the changes to your site that we feel are necessary, we reserve the right to terminate your participation in the Program
Photomanhattan disclaims all liability for any and all aspects of the development, operation and maintenance of your web site and for any and all materials that appear on your web site. Further, you will indemnify and hold harmless Photomanhattan and its affiliated entities, their respective partners, officers, directors, agents and employees, and their respective heirs, administrators, executors, successors and assigns, from and against any and all claims, demands, obligations, causes of action and lawsuits and all damages, liabilities, fines, judgments, penalties, costs (including the payment of reasonable attorneys' fees and disbursements), in any way arising out of or relating to any and all aspects of the development, operation or maintenance of your web site and any and all materials that appear on your web site.
You agree that your web site will not, in any way, copy or resemble the look and feel of the Photomanhattan site and that you will not do anything to create the impression that your web site is the Photomanhattan site or a part of the Photomanhattan site. You also agree that you will not frame the Photomanhattan site in any manner including without limitation causing your web site's tool bar to appear on the Photomanhattan site. You further agree that your web site will not contain any content of the Photomanhattan site or any materials which are proprietary to Photomanhattan except with the prior written permission of Photomanhattan. You also agree that your domain name does not and will not contain "Photomanhattan" or any variation or misspelling thereof or any other name, mark or other identifier used by Photomanhattan.
It is entirely your responsibility to follow all applicable intellectual property and other laws that pertain to your site. You must have express permission to use any person's copyrighted material, whether it be a writing, an image, or any other copyrightable work. We will not be responsible (and you will be solely responsible) if you use another person's copyrighted material or other intellectual property in violation of the law or any third party rights.
If Photomanhattan accepts your application, you will be provided with an address for notice purposes through the Account Manager. The contact information you provide on your application will serve as your notice information. Except as otherwise allowed via the Account Manager, any notice, approval, request, authorization, direction or other communication by you under this Agreement shall be given in writing and shall be deemed to have been delivered and given for all purposes (a) on the delivery date if delivered personally or by e-mail to the party to which the same is directed; (b) two (2) business days after deposit with an internationally recognized commercial overnight courier service, with written verification of receipt; or (c) five (5) business days after deposit if mailed by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, postage and charges prepaid, to the address specified in accordance herewith.
RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES
The parties to this Agreement are independent contractors and nothing in this Agreement will be deemed to create any partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise, sales representative, or employment relationship between you and Photomanhattan or to impose any obligation or liability associated with any such relationship upon Photomanhattan. This Agreement does not grant you any right, power or authority to enter into any agreement for, or on behalf of, or to create, assume or incur any obligation or liability of, or to otherwise bind, Photomanhattan.
Photomanhattan shall not be liable or responsible for your acts, omissions or liabilities. In no event will you take actions that would expressly or impliedly create the impression that you are an employee or agent of Photomanhattan or its affiliated entities.
You will have no authority to make or accept any offers, agreements, representations or warranties on behalf of Photomanhattan. You will not make any representation, warranty or statement, whether on your web site or otherwise, that contradicts anything in this Section.
NO EXCLUSIVITY / INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION
You acknowledge that you have read this Agreement and agree to all of the terms and conditions in this Agreement. You understand that Photomanhattan may at any time (directly or indirectly) solicit customer referrals on terms that may differ from those contained in this Agreement or operate web sites that are similar to or compete with your web site. You have independently evaluated the desirability of participating in the Program and are not relying on any representation, guarantee, or statement other than as expressly set forth in this Agreement.
This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the parties and cancels and supersedes any and all previous or contemporaneous negotiations, understandings or contracts, whether written or oral, between the parties relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. No purported modification or amendment by you is binding on Photomanhattan unless we agree in writing signed by a duly authorized representative of Photomanhattan. Photomanhattan is not bound by, and it specifically objects to, any term, condition or other provision that is different from or in addition to the provisions of this Agreement (whether or not it would materially alter this Agreement) and which is proffered by you in any correspondence or other document, unless Photomanhattan specifically agrees to such provision in writing.